How To Add Users To Google My Business In 2019
Before you begin working with a new employee to help with your local search needs, they might ask you to connect them to their Google My Business listing. Adding a user as a manager to your listing is helpful as it allows account managers to analyze the current state of your listing, make sure all of the information has been properly added, and to provide recommendations for how to improve.
Owners of GMB listings can add additional users to manage a listing. Adding more users allows them to share management of a listing without having to disclose their own personal information. Different levels of access to the listing is given to all owners, managers, and communication managers.
Only an owner of the listing can add or remove users. Although a manager has the ability to remove himself or herself from the listing.
Add Owners or Managers
To add an owner or manager to a listing:
- Sign in to Google My Business
- Open the location you would like to manage
- Click "Users" from the menu
- In the top right corner, click the “invite new managers” icon
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers
this window presents all active owners and managers, including those who have been invited to the listing as such users.
When a user’s invitation to the listing is accepted, the owner will be notified via email. Every user in the listing has the ability to view information such as the name and email addresses of the owner, and all other managers.